Toddy Domestic Cold Brew
In 1964, as a chemical engineering graduate of Cornell, Todd Simpson developed and patented a cold brew system that, using regular coffee beans, creates a superior-tasting cup of steaming HOT coffee. And, with 67% LESS ACID than coffee made by conventional hot brew methods, it's easier on sensitive stomachs. The Toddy coffee maker extracts the coffee bean's true delicious flavor and eliminates much of the acidity, producing a bold, super-smooth coffee that can be served one cup at a time. The Toddy brewer is also ideal for making tea - served hot or over ice.
Read below for a step-by-step brewing guide.
1. Start with coarsely ground coffee beans and filtered water. The Toffy brewing container is designed to hold 340 grams of coffee and 1.6 litres of water.
2. Insert the stopper into the outside bottom of the brewing container.
3. Dampen the filter and insert it firmly into the inside bottom of the brewing container.
4. Add 200ml of water into the bottom of the container.
5. Measure 170g of ground coffee.
6. Pour the 170g into the brewer.
7. Slowly pour 700ml of water over the grounds in a circular motion.
8. Add the remaining 170g of ground coffee. Wait 5 minutes.
9. Slowly add the remaining 700ml of water. Do not stir as this can result in a clogged filter.
10. Genlty press down on the topmost grounds with the back of a spoon to ensure all grounds get wet.
11. Steep coffee for 12-18 hours. Remove the stopper and let the concentrate flow into the glass decanter.
12. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Note: Recommended recipe is 1 part coffee concentrate to 2-3 parts milk or water.